Monday, April 25, 2011

My two, sweet babies!

Jacob and I went to see the perinatal specialist today that was our doctor when we were in the hospital. He specializes in high risk pregnancies, so it's always good to go for a check up with him! I was very nervous for this appointment after how our last one went, but it could not have gone any better. My blood pressure is great, so that's one worry we don't have to consider right now and I'm very grateful for that because I know that can really complicate things! He said that I have no progressed anymore, which is a great thing obviously...he said that what I'm doing (bed rest) is working great, so to continue that for now. I am also still taking my medicine four times a day (including setting my alarm for 3 a.m.) and he said we will stick to that. He said that if I can make it to 36 weeks, he will take me off of it and let nature "run it's course."

Our sweet babies looked wonderful! He said that they are developing right on track and are both in the 50%, which is exactly where he wants them. Griffin has grown a lot in the past two weeks and now weighs 2 lb. 7 oz., which we are very excited about...makes me feel much better to be out of the 1 lb. range. Bailey is a "smidge" bigger weighing 2 lb. 8 oz. They both had great heartbeats, so that was another plus! After he finished his measurements, he asked me I minded him trying to see their faces using the 4D ultrasound. Do I mind???? NOOO, of course I don't care! At first, Griffin did not want his picture to be taken...which takes after his Daddy! He was face down and did not want to cooperate. However, we did get him to cooperate a little later. He has completely flipped and is now feet down! Bailey, OF COURSE, cooperated perfectly, haha....I am already seeing their little personalities! Thought I would share their beautiful pictures with you...they're a little blurry, but you can see their sweet profiles!

Griffin

Bailey

Bailey hiding her face with her arm

Just wanted to include a picture of my "bed rest partner"...Cooper has been great company!


So thankful that today's appointment went so well...let the bed rest continue!! :)

3 comments:

  1. OH Melanie!!! GREAT news!! God is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are going well!!! I'll be there to check in on Friday, so consider yourself warned! =) P.S.- I think Bailey has your nose and pretty much everything else, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie that is so good to hear! I have been praying for you! Just hang in there like you are! Those pics are precious! You are going to have two very cute babies!!! God is good for sure!

    ReplyDelete