Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My bed has never felt so good...

Oh my goodness, I have never loved my bed as much as I loved it last night! Jacob laughed at me as I rolled into bed last night and just said "Ahhhhhhhh." After sleeping on a plastic hospital mattress for 7 nights, my own bed was wonderful! I had to set my alarm for 3 a.m. to take my "anti-contraction" medicine, but had NO difficulty going right back to sleep! The first day at home has been nice...sometimes it's overwhelming to think about how long of a period I will be doing this, but once again, it is COMPLETELY worth it if Griffin and Bailey will stay put a couple of more months! I had a little entertainment from Jacob coming home for lunch and making me lunch, my friend Jill coming by after school to discuss nursery plans, and another friend Alyssa came by just to chat! Jill is working on my nursery for me and she is so incredibly talented and I can't wait to see what she has planned!

One of my favorite things now is when Jacob and I pray together each night. We have always said our prayers at night, separate or together, but now it has so much emotion involved. It makes me fall even more in love with him as he prays for me as I lay on the couch for hopefully months, for us as a couple as we prepare to be parents, for Bailey and Griffin as they continue to grow, and just how thankful we are that God allowed us to slow down the labor process and keep them safe inside for awhile longer! I have always loved praying together, but this experience has made it even better! I am so grateful to have a husband that is such a Christian leader in our house and I know that he is going to be an amazing daddy to Griffin and Bailey!

I talked to my doctor this morning and I have an appointment Monday with the specialist and Tuesday with my regular doctor....these appointments have a whole new meaning now considering everything that has happened! Our prayer now is that I won't have dilated anymore and both babies will continue to grow strong!

2 comments:

  1. I am a new reader from Ashley and Janelle's blog! I am praying for you and your sweet babies! I can't imagine how you feel right now. Just keep your focus up and strong! You are just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, just wanted to let you know I am still praying for y'all. I can only imagine how hard it is going to be to be on bed rest. While this is not the same thing AT ALL, I was so sick during the first trimester that more days than not, I stayed in bed. I did find a TV series to watch (Gilmore Girls..don't laugh!!), which helped a ton! Thanks for keeping us updated. God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete