This weekend was pretty uneventful here in the hospital. Although sitting in a bed in the hospital all day is not really my first idea of fun, I have been very blessed to have family and friends come to visit! My mom and sister spent most of the weekend with me so that Jacob could go home for a little while to get caught up on work and other things around the house that he wanted to get done as we didn't really expect all of this! I enjoyed having family here and friends who come to visit! Anyone who knows me also knows that I LOVE snow cones and one of our good friends, Alyssa, went to our favorite snow cone place at home and had them fill a Tervis Tumbler up with a snow cone and it made it the 30ish minute drive to the hospital! To say that I was excited when that walked in was an understatement! :) We have always known that we have been blessed with friends and family who we love and that love us, but it really have been a little overwhelming the care and concern we have received and that means so much during this time! A lot of people have said that they wish we would give them something to do for us, but we really are doing okay right now!
Medically, things haven't really changed throughout the weekend. I have had a couple of contractions each day, but they said that can be normal, especially for a twin pregnancy. They said it might be something that I wouldn't even notice if I was going on about my normal life instead of laying in a bed all day. I get checked twice daily for contractions and around 3-4 times a day for their heartbeats. Bailey and Griffin have been perfect each time they have checked them, which I am extremely grateful for! Although, I must add that Bailey is already the more cooperative child and Griffin must think it's funny to run from the heart monitor or kick it off...can't imagine where he gets his energy from! :) I am taking LOTS of medicene each day but know that it is all worth it to keep those babies in for hopefully awhile longer!
Yesterday after Mom and Hannah left (and I cried of course), the nurse asked Jacob and I if we would like to take a tour of the NICU. She said that it is sometimes easier to see if before your own babies aren't there yet. This was the first time that I got out of my room, so I was a little excited about that. The nurse, Nancy, wheeled me down there and I had the opportunity to look at the facilities and meet the nurses. The director of the NICU walked around with us and explained everything to me. I was doing okay until I had the opportunity to meet the parents of twins who were born last week at 25 weeks. The parents were SO sweet and as I looked at their sweet babies, I started crying and it was such an overwhelming feeling. They were TINY! I felt so bad for crying, but the parents were so sweet and told me that they knew exactly what I was feeling and they appreciated us coming to visit them! Seeing their sweet babies gave me even more motivation to keep Bailey and Griffin in as long as possible! Nancy was so sweet as she and Jacob just rubbed my back through the experience!
I know I've said it already, but I feel so blessed to have such a supportive husband, family, friends, and nurses throughout this experience! We are now waiting on the doctor to come in this morning, who has been in San Francisco since Tuesday! I will feel much more at ease with him back in town and looking forward to his check up and hopefully he will give us a game plan! I will try to update later this afternoon!
Hey Melanie! I'm so glad I found your blog, and I'll be checking it to get updates on you and your sweet babies. You are such a wonderful mother already...keep up the good work! We are praying for you guys up here in Conway.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Tara