Friday, June 24, 2011

36 weeks and officially ready! :)

It has been an interesting week having Jacob home with me after his surgery. He is still in some pain, but recovering well and he has gone to two sesions of physical therapy, which are not his favorite part of the day! This picture was taken on Father's Day....we are a sight to see and we had to document this time with a picture...

Our little family...with pictures of Bailey and Griffin! :)


Jacob's parents came last Thursday for Jacob's surgery and stayed until Sunday to help take care of him since I'm not much help to him, haha...I didn't get any pictures while they were here, but they did install the car seat bases into the car and I LOVE looking at our two little car seats...makes it feel more real.
Very soon, we will have two babies in these seats!

I am 36 weeks this week and had two great doctors appointments. I had my last appointment with my specialist and we ended up waiting THREE HOURS because he had an emergency he had to go to...can't get too upset though because I would want him to do the same for me if I was in that position! Mom and Hannah went with me and we went and got a little breakfast at McBrides in Baptist, which was wonderful!


Hannah and I passing the time

My mom has already helped me so much and Griffin and Bailey aren't even here yet!

Once we actually got to see the doctor, we had a great appointment....both babies are still head down and have "great fluid around them." I feel like I could quote him now as he does the ultrasounds, but I love getting to see them! He said that Bailey weighs around 5 lb. 7 oz. and Griffin weighs around 5 lb. 3 oz. He said that unless I just want to come visit again, I am officially done! I feel like I have graduated! We have come so far since 25 weeks when the babies were not even 2 lbs.  My doctor is extremely professional, but he was willing to take a picture to celebrate our last appointment...

Dr. Chattelain is one smart fellow! So thankful he has helped me make it this far!

Now that 36 weeks has hit and I know that it's safe for them to come, I am ready to meet these babies. Sleeping is pretty much gone out the window, as well as breathing! When he did the ultrasound of Bailey, he was putting the "wand" on my ribs and there were her legs! He said they are her weapon of choice and I completely believe that...good grief! haha. I am feeling huge but can not wait to meet Bailey and Griffin. Now we just wait! Someone told me that I'm not going to have a life after they're born, but little do they know, I will be more active when they're here than I have been the past three months!



Hannah is amazed at the size of my stomach

Next appointment is Monday...when will Bailey and Griffin make their appearance??


2 comments:

  1. Is there a baby pool? Can I make a guess?! I'm guessing July 1, so I hope you have something red, white, and blue to bring them home from the hospital in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. July 2nd is an excellent day for boy/gi twins to be born!! :-)
    Can't wait to see Griffin & Bailey. You've done a great job, momma! So excited for you & Jacob. Please let me know if you need anything. Lorie

    ReplyDelete