Thursday, June 16, 2011

35 weeks and other events

Well, I am 35 weeks today and feel so blessed to have reached this point in my pregnancy. I remember being in the hospital at 25 weeks thinking how much I would love to make it to 35 weeks and here we are! :) I am for sure uncomfortable now with sleeping, backaches, and just the inconvenience of being almost 9 months pregnant.We had an appointment yesterday with a different doctor because mine is out of town until Sunday (pray that I can make it until he gets back). He was extremely impressed and couldn't believe that I had made it this long being dilated to a 3 at 25 weeks. He said both babies look good and are both head down and "ready to go." My mom took me to the doctor and she was excited because he did an ultrasound to check them out. I still don't think it has completely hit me how close we are and how much our lives are about to change...especially considering I've been on bed rest for 10 weeks! I have an appointment Monday with my doctor and Wednesday for my last appointment with my specialist...I feel like we're graduating!! :) Here's my weekly picture...wonder how many more weekly pictures I will have?!?!

(I know I had on purple in my last picture...I do wear clothes other than purples ones, it just happened to work out this way).

In other Fox family news, Jacob had his surgery today. I told him that he was just tired of me getting all of the attention around here! :) The surgery was a little more than we thought that it would be. They had to go in and stitch up his miniscus and make him a new ACL out of his hamstring. Needless to say, he's in more pain than he expected to be. He has a doctors appointment next Thursday to remove the stitches and then he will begin physical therapy. My favorite quote of the day is when he said "I'm tired of laying on this couch!!!!!" and this was after about 5 hours of being on the couch. I just looked at him with no sympathy....in my opinion, 5 hours does not compare to 10 weeks! haha. I am glad that he is getting this fixed now, but I will be honest and say that I've tried really, really hard to remain positive about it...I am emotional anyway right now, especially with this little kink in our plans! My mom spent the beginning of the week with us, Jacob's parents are here now until Sunday, and my mom is coming back Sunday. We require constant "babysitting" since if I went into labor, Jacob can't drive me! Ohhh the memories we're making! I will put up a picture soon of both of us in our perches...we're quite the sight to see, that's for sure! He is in good spirits tonight though and is not hurting as bad as he was earlier! Please keep us in your prayers that they babies stay put a little longer, that Jacob will have minimal pain with a quick recovery, and that I will stay in good spirits! I feel like I say this all of the time, but thank you so much for all of your prayers and support...it means so much to us!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are looking so beautiful and I feel tiny for 35 weeks and twins! Maybe it's because I was huge with Ashlyn, I dunno! :) You look wonderful and I'm still sending prayers up for you and your family. I hope all goes well in the next couple of weeks! Since the babies are head down and if they stay that way are you gonna try to deliver them or are you doing a c-section?

    ReplyDelete