Thursday, October 13, 2011

This time last year!

I was doing this...

Yes, I really did complete a half marathon! 

Notice the ambulance in the background...thought I might need it! :) 

Somewhere around mile 10 

Those are my arms raised...Jacob made fun of me, but I have never been so glad to be done with something in all of my life! I saw that I was almost to the 3 hour mark, so I sprinted to make it under that! ha 

 Waiting patiently for me to finish!

Jacob's sister, Jessie, had this "fantastic" idea to run a half marathon as a family as a Father's Day gift...proud to say that I did it, proud to say I never want to do it again! :) I will admit that it was fun to do though! 

Jenna, Me, Ruth, Jessie proudly displaying our running distance 

The boys weren't quite as proud of their magnets...it wasn't as challenging for them, considering that David ran cross country at Georgia Tech, Jeff runs all the time, and Jacob could not run for a year and take off running without much of a challenge.

We had "Team Fox" shirts made, so we had a photoshoot the next day...if we only knew in this picture that three weeks later, we would find out we were pregnant...

WITH TWINS! :)

I must say that my life is so much different this year than it was last! Sometimes I feel like having Bailey and Griffin is about as tiring as a marathon, but it is so rewarding! It felt like such an accomplishment to finish the half marathon, but I am already feeling the rewards of being a Mommy and learning that I really can do this. It's so tiring, wearing, and stressful, but it is the best feeling in the world (even in the middle of the night). My life is drastically different now, but I wouldn't change it for anything...although it prob wouldn't hurt to start running again! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment