Saturday, October 29, 2011

4 months!

Bailey and Griffin were four months on Thursday and I really can't believe how fast their little lives have gone by! We had their four month appointments yesterday and they are looking great!

Griffin has gone through a growth spurt for sure, and I am so proud of my growing boy! He weighs 15 lb. 9 oz and is 24 1/2 inches long. He has really developed a personality lately and coos and giggles all the time. It is one of the sweetest sounds I have ever heard! He is our more active baby and is moving all the time! Our doctor asked if he can put any weight on his legs, and I just laughed! He doesn't like to sit down, he wants to stand up assisted as much as possible. He loves our jumper toy because he can stand up in it and pushes off the ground. Right now, he is hogging this toy because Bailey's little feet don't touch the ground yet. We have put her in it a few times and he will stare at it and whine...we're going to have to work on sharing! :) He LOVES to watch Baby Einstein...he will watch it while I take a shower and it's so nice to have something to entertain them and keep them happy and it's amazing watching his little facial expressions change as he watches it. He has had rice cereal a few times and loves it! He has also slept through the night the past couple of nights, but I'm trying not to jinx ourselves! :) I love my sweet boy so much and am so proud of how he is growing and developing more everyday. I can already tell that we're going to have so much fun with this little boy!

 Headed to my four month appointment...I wouldn't have been smiling as much if I had known I would get shots! :(



My first cereal!

Bailey also had a great four month checkup! She has had a hard time though since getting her shots...her first fever and VERY fussy! It breaks my heart to see her not feeling good...this is our first experience with this. Let me just add, watching your babies get shots is TERRIBLE! They were so happy and smiling, then were shocked and SCREAMING two seconds later! Luckily, my mom was in town to help me love and console after this traumatic experience...I thought I might need consoling too! Bailey is now weighing 13 lb. 14 oz. and she is 23 /4 inches long. She is the sweetest girl! It cracks me up to watch her with all of our facial expressions. Lately, she has become much more selective about who she wants to smile at and it is so funny! The majority of the time, she is so content and will just sit, watch, and coo at others around her. She was sleeping good, but has taken a few steps backward! We're hoping to get back to sleeping better. She is beginning to get a little hair and it's so cute and fuzzy! I am so lucky to be this sweet girl's Mommy and I know that we are going to have so many "girl days" together. 

Heading to my fourth month doctors appointment!

Not sure about the camera flash

"Mom, what is this thing you keep putting on my head??"

My dad was feeding Bailey and poor thing couldn't even stay awake to finish!

My first cereal...and yes, I did get some in my mouth and licked my lips after I was done!

They are staring each other down! I still really wonder what they think of each other!

Sweet babies...I really hope that they grow up to be best buddies...I know we'll have our "moments", but I hope they know how lucky they are to have such a sweet sibling!

On a funnier note, Jacob had an annual meeting this past week and it was the first time that I had to attempt to put them to bed by myself. This is quite a process, so I was very nervous about it! He has been on a few trips, but I've always had someone here to help me. First, I sent Jacob a text with these pictures and said hope you're enjoying yourself :) ....



He thought this was very funny, and we were glad we could provide him with a good laugh. However, they must have sensed that I needed a little help! This was the only time they cried the whole night and they went down the easiest that I think they have EVER gone down. I must admit that it was quite the accomplishment and I did pat myself on the back after it was over!!

Say a prayer for me this week, I go back to work on Monday. I LOVE my job, but I sure am going to miss my sweet babies! This is going to be an adjustment for all of us, so please pray for my emotions and my sanity as we get used to our new normal. I am so excited and blessed about the sitter arrangement that I have, but I will do a post on that another time! I'm going to be needing LOTS of caffeine in this new routine! 





1 comment:

  1. They are so sweet!! We have our two month appt soon and I am so glad my momma is going with me to help comfort sad babes. Good luck going back to work!!! I have to do that soon too! I hope it is a smooth transition!

    ReplyDelete