On another note, I decided yesterday during their nap time that I really wanted to make some taco soup...I checked the pantry and of course, didn't have all of the ingredients...so, what's a mom to do?? We loaded up after they woke up and went to Wal-Mart...I have to admit, it made me REALLY nervous, but my thought process is that if I get them used to doing the things that I need them to do, they will get used to it. It would be really easy to stay cooped up all of the time, but that's just really not the way that Jacob and I are. So...off we went and I was contemplating the logistics of this the whole way there. I arrived and decided my double stroller would be the best option and I would use one of the hand held baskets to get my groceries. We got to Wal-Mart and guess what...they no longer have the hand held baskets, so Griffin and Bailey got to "hold" the food for me! :)
Griffin holding the Fritos for Taco Soup and Bailey obviously saw something she didn't like! :)
The checking out part made me the most nervous because we weren't moving, but they did great! Of course the girl ahead of me had a bunch of coupons, which made it take longer and my heart started beating faster with each passing minute, but they were perfect!!!! Love my little Wal-Mart Babies! It's so funny the reactions that I get when I'm out in public. I think I have forgotten that twins aren't a normal thing, so it's never boring with people stopping me to look, pointing at us, talking to the babies, etc. Maybe there is hope for the future and we will be able to get out and about after seeing how well they did yesterday!
They are also getting really good at sitting in their bouncy seats while I cook supper and staying content. I'm not saying that there's not an occasional whimper, but I have gotten pretty good at entertaining them (even singing and dancing to Father Abraham at times)...whatever works! :)
Bailey is much more entertained than the cooking than Griffin is...he was ready to eat at this point!
Bailey kicks her feet CONSTANTLY!
Such a big boy!
Yay for Friday! Hope you have a great weekend! We are going on a date tonight, so I'm very excited about that!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment