It is amazing how much our life has changed in the past two weeks. Being a mom is the greatest feeling in the world! There are times that I am talking to the babies and I will say something about "Mommy loves you" and every time I say it, I get chill bumps and tears in my eyes. I have wanted to be a mom for so long and it is amazing to know that Griffin and Bailey are my sweet babies. A couple of nights ago, when I was exhausted, I took each one into the room by themselves, fed them, and prayed with them. I sat there looking at them and was bawling thinking about how blessed I am to have them here and healthy. I did also have a pep talk with them about our sleeping routine! :) Although it is EXTREMELY tiring, I would not trade it for the world! We have now been home a week and two days and it's crazy to think that they are already almost two weeks old. The first two nights were VERY, VERY hard and I didn't know how I would survive, but it has gotten much better. My mom has been here since they were born and has been my lifesaver. She has been there with me when they were awake and screaming, when I was crying, when I needed to go for a walk, when teaching me how to bathe them correctly, and when I needed help with just some of the basics of being a mother. Like I said, the first two nights were AWFUL and we got about an hour of sleep each night. However, we have been able to get into somewhat of a routine and the past four nights they have only gotten up three times for 30 minutes each time. I am hoping that we can continue this routine!!
Bailey and Griffin both love bath time! They don't realize it when it first starts, but by the end of it, they are calm and ready to eat. Here are pictures of our first bath.
Griffin's first bath
Bailey relaxing after her first bath
We have gone to their first doctors appointments and we are having to go weekly for weight checks. Bailey and Griffin both LOVE their car seats and riding in the car. They have done great at their appointments and look so cute in the process! :) The doctor has told us to put them in the sun to make sure their jaundice doesn't act up again, so the car is a great place to get some sun!
Griffin headed to the doctor and getting some sun...now weighing 5 lb. 6 oz.
Bailey getting her tan...now weighing 5 lb. 9 oz.
We have also celebrated some different things since the babies have been here! The first one is one that I forgot to mention earlier...my sister, Hannah, got a niece and a nephew on her birthday. She now shares a birthday with them and has been so excited about it. She has been staying with us and has been such a huge help by getting up with them at night, changing diapers, feeding, rocking...you name it, she's done it! She is a beautiful girl and I am so proud of the girl that she has grown up to be!!!!
Happy 17th Birthday Aunt Hannah!
We also celebrated the 4th of July, and let me just say, it's a good thing that these babies can sleep through anything right now. I was very patient about the fireworks going off like a war around us, but when midnight hit and they were still going off, it made it a little more difficult to be excited about the holiday. We did take time to take pictures in their sweet outfits though! I had said for awhile that they had to be born before the 4th because I already had outfits...I am so glad they listened to me! :)
Bailey and Griffin
My sweet family
My mom's birthday was Thursday and we were able to celebrate at my house! I have always known how blessed I am to have her as my mother, but words can not express how much she has meant to me and done for me this summer, especially during the past two weeks. She teaches kindergarten and it has worked out perfectly that she has been able to be here with me. She has taught me so much about being a mother already and has encouraged me when I have been unsure about something that I was doing. I have had many tears in the past two weeks, happy and stressful tears, and she has been there to rub my back and reassure me that it is normal and that I'm doing a great job...so even if I'm not, she makes me think I am! :) Happy Birthday Mom and thank you so much for everything!
Her favorite birthday gifts!! :)
We have had so many people offer to help us and we are so very appreciate of the offers! However, we are lucky to have family that loves to be here and they are here right now. I know that there will be many times in the future that we will take advantage of the offers! My mom has gone home for the weekend and we have Jacob's mom and aunt here with us for the weekend! These babies are extremely loved and that means so much to us! Time to begin our nightly routine...here are a few more pictures!
My sweet, sweet babies!
Precious!! It took Hadley a couple weeks to get into her routine so you're getting close. Hang in there I know you're doing a great job!!
ReplyDelete