Monday, July 18, 2011

Where has the past week gone??

I can't believe I went a week without posting! This past week has been a blur and has flown by. Last weekend, my mom went home for a "vacation" and she and dad were able to celebrate her birthday. While she was gone, we had Jacob's mom and aunt come to take a shift and it was wonderful to have them here. They live 5 and 10 hours away, so it was great to get to spend time with them and it was so sweet of them to make the journey here! They were a great help with Griffin and Bailey and it was great for us to get to see them.


On Monday, they left and my mom came back for another shift! :) We took the babies to a photographer in Little Rock and had their newborn pictures made and I can't wait to see them! I know they are going to be beautiful! Jacob was able to meet us there, so I was excited to get some family pictures taken. Bailey and Griffin both are fantastic car riders (so far), so that made the little trip so much easier. However, both babies (especially Bailey) have a little reflux and it scares me to death when they do it! We have our first medicine and it has helped so much! Just a reminder that they are preemies and the doctor said it is almost always to be expected with early babies. I'm just so grateful that this is the biggest of our problems that we're dealing with. The doctor did tell us though that they need to sleep sitting up, so we have been sleeping in our car seats, which they love!


Tuesday afternoon, a sweet girl from church came and took more pictures of the babies! Can you tell that I love pictures?!?! Not to mention that I think that I have two pretty cute models! :) The pictures that she took turned out SO cute, even though they were a little more difficult for her...they were surprisingly awake for the majority of the time, which is not normal at this point! I'm going to love having her to take pictures frequently of Bailey and Griffin and it was so sweet of her to come to our house to take them!

I feel like Bailey is saying "Mom, stop with the pictures!!!!"

Our big news for Thursday is that Jacob is officially off of crutches!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH! I can't begin to explain how happy, excited, relieved, etc that I am that we have reached this point! Luckily, we have had help because it was not very convenient having two babies and a husband on crutches...not to mention, he was very frustrated with the situation! The doctor said that his knee looks fantastic and he is doing a great job of working it at physical therapy and at home. Jacob is pretty determined when it comes to recovering as quickly as possible. SO SO SO SO SO glad that we are done with these things!!!!!

My mom left Saturday and let's just say that it was NOT pretty! She has been such an amazing help with Griffin and Bailey...and for me! She helped me so much while I was recovering from the labor experience...I don't think I could have survived without her. After she left, I just saw in our rocking chair, holding Griffin, and BAWLED...for at least a good hour! I think the reality of "okay, it's time to do this myself" hit hard, not to mention that it has been wonderful having her here just to spend so much time with her. My parents are coming back this weekend so that Jacob and I can go celebrate our 4th anniversary (which is Thursday). I'm really looking forward to them coming back, as well as going out with Jacob! I told him that I am just excited to get dressed up and make myself look presentable! :)

Yesterday, Jacob put together the stroller while we watched the Womens World Cup Finals! I LOVE soccer and played from when I was 5 until I graduated high school. The game made me so sad, so we won't discuss that matter. However, I am excited about this little monster...

Our new ride!

Today is my first full day with Griffin and Bailey here by myself. It has gone pretty good so far, and they are sleeping now. My saving grace are these little beauties....

Griffin loving his Boppy Lounger

Bailey "lounging"
I had the regular Boppy for feeding time, but I couldn't prop them up in it because they're so small that they fall through. With these, they can lay there for a little while, not to mention that I can feed them both at the same time..which I had to do today! Another mom of twins told my mom that she loved these, so we got one, then quickly got another! :) Babies are stirring, gotta go!!!

Cuddle time this morning



No comments:

Post a Comment