Now that Bailey and Griffin are a little bit older and a little more independent, I really want to try to go much more often. I have so many wonderful memories of weekends during the year and weeks during the summer that I would go to Nashville to stay with my grandparents, and I want Bailey and Griffin to have those same memories.
Friday night, we got to Nashville around 7:00 and had dinner at my Grandads...nothing like home cooking that's grown in the garden right outside! :) After eating, we went on a ride on the ranger (safer version of a four wheeler) and saw the cows in the pasture. Griffin LOVES cows these days and had the best time listening to them moooooooo and moooing right back at them. Bailey just took it all in and had fun honking the horn. After our little ride, we rode on over to my uncles house (he lives on the next hill over) and played on their play set and dug in the rocks. Griffin loved getting dirty, and Bailey loved playing with Aunt Hannah and our cousin, Reagan!
My sweet cousin, Reagan, and Bailey swinging!
He's pure boy...riding his tractor with a shovel in hand
The views at my Grandad's and uncle's houses are amazing...especially at sunset!
He was so frustrated because he wanted to climb!
Poppy gave him a lift!
Bebe and Bailey blowing kisses
Aunt Hannah and Reagan
Bebe and Poppy with B and G
They LOVED riding the ranger!
Bailey discovering wind chimes
Griffin and Grandad were big buddies!
Sweet profile!
Bailey trying to get to the dog...notice those chunky little legs!
Bath time! I love this bathtub!
Sweet girl
Saturday morning, we woke up and headed into town to visit my Nana. Both of my parents are from Nashville, so it's nice getting to see both sides of our family! When we arrived at Nana's, her two sisters and my Dad's cousin, Becky, were there. Nana and her sisters are the funniest thing when they all get together. It was great for them all to get to love on B and G! It was also neat to see Bailey and Griffin playing with the toys that I played with as a little girl!
Nana's sister, Frances and Sarah, loving on Bailey
Griffin and Nana chatting
Oh my goodness...love this face!
Is this our future?!?! Too bad she won't know what a real phone is!
Bailey and Beck Beck
Sweet picture of Nana and Bailey reading
After playing at Nana's for a little while, we headed back out to Grandad's for naptime...Griffin slept almost FOUR hours!!! The country life was wearing that little boy out! :) When they woke up, my aunt, uncle, and cousins came over to play! I am the oldest grandchild and have much younger cousins, so it was neat to watch them play with Bailey and Griffin!
Bailey, Uncle Bryan, and my cousin, Weller...isn't he a doll?!?!
Typical boy aggravating Bailey, haha...she was trying to pull it Weller would stand on it and just look at her!
Griffin woke up from his nap and just sat in Grandad's lap...which is not typical for him! So sweet!
My cousin, Walker....he starts kindergarten in a week!!
My Grandad's pasture....you can see the garden in the distance..I've picked many vegetables there!
I love my little boy!
Bailey's turn to dig!
Once again, Griffin in Grandad's lap!
We had an amazing time on our short weekend and look forward to going back really soon!! I can't wait for Bailey and Griffin to make memories there! On a side note, another reason I love going to Grandads is because I come home with these goodies....
homemade pickles
fresh peaches!
Such fun times!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment