Monday, August 8, 2011

Babies first trip to Tennessee

This weekend, Jacob was in his friend, Seth's, wedding. They have been friends forever and he was excited to get to be part of his big day. I was a little apprehensive about the trip because it was 5 hours and we eat about every 2 and a half to 3 hours...combined with reflux equals one nervous mama. We fed Bailey and Griffin, burped them, and headed on our way. They really did great going and coming back home with one stop for changing, feeding, and burping. I sat in the back seat with them the whole trip in case they choked or got upset...the middle seat of our Camry is not made for comfort....but it was totally worth it and I love looking at my sweet babies!

It was tax free weekend in Tennessee, so of course I wanted to go shopping for a few baby clothes...I've realized it is MUCH more fun shopping for them than it is for me! One of my best friends from college, Kristin, also lives in Nashville and Jacob was more than willing to sacrifice and let her go shopping with me in his place. It was great to catch up and get some good deals! I forgot to get a picture of us, but here is one of Kristin and her soon-to-be hubby, Parker, with Bailey and Griffin. I love Parker and Kristin together and am so excited that the next time I see them will be their wedding day!!!!!!!!!

The soon-to-be newlyweds! :)

That night, Jacob and I went to the rehearsal dinner minus babies....his parents were more than willing to keep them for us! :) We had a great time, but I did find myself really missing being away from them. While it is tiring and it is SO nice to have some time away, I do miss the sweet little things when I'm not with them!

Before heading out...yes, Jacob has a "summer haircut"...he said that with temps getting to 117 last week that it was time for shorter hair...I have no sympathy! ha

Saturday, Jacob and his family went to the wedding while I stayed home with Bailey and Griffin. I did not want to be "that person" with the crying babies in the wedding  video...not to mention it was hot and rainy. We had a good nap while everyone else was away. That night, Jacob's mom threw a little get together for their friends to meet our sweet babies. It was a lot of fun and was great catching up with everyone! It was also great getting to see Jessie and David, Jacob's sister and her husband. They live about 12 hours away, so we have to take advantage of our time with them.

Jacob and Griffin watching a little Shark Week

Before the night started

Pretty table of yummy food

Party favors...too cute!

Some of ours guests

Uncle David and Aunt Jessie before we left on Sunday

I must include this picture...our sweet dog, Cooper, has been living with Jacob's parents since the babies were born. We miss him, but I must admit it's nice not having to worry about another "little person." I was a little worried about how he would do with them, but he was great...he never bothered them at all! Here is our first official family photo with all five of us...not fancy, about to get in the car to drive 5 hours!

Cooper gets to be in a family photo...he'll have so much fun with them one day!

It was a great weekend, and now we are excited for Jacob's youngest sister, Jenna, to come home from her summer abroad so Bailey and Griffin can finally meet their other aunt! They have so much family on both sides who love them so much!

1 comment:

  1. oh.my.goodness. Those babies are just so precious. Glad you were able to take them to Nashville to show them off. :)

    ReplyDelete