Tuesday, August 30, 2011

2 months and a trip to El Dorado

It is so hard to believe that Griffin and Bailey are two months old! Some days it feels like it has flown by, and other times it seems like I've had them forever. I would define the past two months as two of the most emotional, overwhelming, stressful, wonderful, amazing, worrisome, blessed, etc. months of my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything, but good grief, it can sure be hard! :) I have learned that I am more than likely going to worry and stress for the next 20 years about their safety, their well being, and just all about them in general!


Both Griffin and Bailey are doing great! They have both started to develop little personalities, so that makes it so much fun! Bailey has the most gorgeous, long eye lashes and we think that she is just beautiful. It's amazing how much she looks like a girl and Griffin looks like a little boy. Griffin made my day this weekend when I was talking to him and he looked right at me and grinned the sweetest grin I've ever seen...I will admit that it made me tear up. I am just so blessed by these beautiful babies. Sleep is getting a little better, but we still have our rough nights. Yesterday we went for their two month doctor appointments. She said that they both look great and she was amazed how much they had grown. At our last appointment, they were both in the 5th percentile, but this time we were in the 50th!!!! Grow, babies grow! :) Griffin now weighs 11 lb. 1 oz. and Bailey weighs 10 lb. 8 oz. Griffin looks like he is going to be tall and thin and Bailey is more petite. They also had to get their shots yesterday, which is hard on this mama! Jacob has to go with me to their appointments for now because it is just too much for me to handle by myself. I am so thankful for how healthy they are and how they are continuing to grow and grow! I'm trying really hard not to wish any stage away, although I must admit that it's getting easier now that they're a little bigger.




This weekend, we made a trip to El Dorado to visit my parents and to have a little shower that was hosted by some of my mom's friends. We were so blessed with many gifts, as well as many well wishes. Everyone there has prayed so much for us through this journey, so they were all so excited to get to meet them. It's nice to go visit because we get to spend time with my family, which I enjoy getting to do as often as possible. My grandparents and great aunt and uncle also came over to visit Griffin and Bailey...I am so blessed with such a loving family! I don't have many pictures from the shower, but pictures were taken by other people, so I hope to get a copy of those at some point!








Bebe with both of her grandbabies! :)

I've been told that I don't blog as much as I did before (haha), and I can't imagine why....but my goal is going to be at least once a week. I'm not promising that, but I'm really going to try!

This is what a weekend of fun in El Dorado will do to you....



1 comment:

  1. Love those sweet babies. Maybe we'll get to meet them soon!

    ReplyDelete