Once again, sorry for the lack of blogging...I really do promise to TRY to do better...I just can't guarantee anything these days! :) For about a week and a half, B and G decided they didn't really care to nap, so that made things a little more difficult. However, things have gotten smoother the past couple of days. I have had people ask what our daily life is like, so I thought I would do a post about it...
First, I get to wake up to these sweet little faces! Griffin wakes up about 7:30 and Bailey wakes up about 9:30...Bailey takes after her Mommy when it comes to loving her sleep!
I love it that they both smile at me when I talk to them first thing in the morning...unless they decide they're hungry! :)
After their morning feed, we typically load up and go for a walk...the other day it was raining, so we drove around for an hour just to get out of the house and makes two little babies happy!
Around 12:00-1:00, Jacob comes home for lunch and we feed them and put them down for a nap and they sleep for a little while if all goes as planned...Bailey sleeps about an hour and a half and Griffin sleeps about two and a half hours.
In the past week, we have transitioned the nap time in their bed...for awhile, swings were the only place they would nap and I was desperate for a few hours of peace! :)
After they wake up from nap, we eat again and then have playtime. They really are so pleasant during this time of day and I love it! Their new favorite thing is their playmat and they will lay on it and grin so big...it really is so sweet!
Jacob typically gets home sometime between 5-6 and we eat, yet again, and then have some "family time." This is one of my favorite times of the day because one thing that I really struggle with is feeling like I'm not giving each one enough attention, so I love it when he comes home and we can give them some individual time with them. We also will sometimes go for another walk if it's nice outside...they love being outside in this fall weather.
Love my sweet babies!
Funny story...Jacob decided to do this with Bailey last night and I was playing with Griffin. I heard him gasp and yell, and I looked over and his face was COVERED in spit up....his face, his hair, his shirt, EVERYTHING...I don't know that I have ever laughed so hard! I'm so mad that I didn't take a picture, but he put Bailey down and ran to the bathroom...Griffin and I went over to talk to Bailey and as I got over to her, she was grinning so big that I thought she was about to let out a laugh...it was HILARIOUS! When Jacob came back out, I was still laughing and Bailey and Griffin were still grinning about it! :)
There is nothing that I love more than these sweet smiles from Bailey and Griffin! It seems like when I feel like I'm about to lose my mind, they can sense it and will give me a big smile...nothing seems nearly as bad when I have these two healthy babies smiling up at me!
We used to put them down around 10:00, thinking that they would sleep longer..however, lately they have started getting really fussy around 8:30, so we start bath time around 7:30-8:00. They LOVE baths and I love the smell of a clean baby! On a normal night, they are down by 8:30 or 9:00, which is nice because it leaves Jacob and I some time to talk to each other! Bailey is sleeping pretty good at night, typically only waking up once and sometimes twice, then sleeping til 9:30. Griffin gets up two, three, or four times and wakes up at 7:30. Once again though, it's all worth it! I cherish sleep these days and am learning to function on a little less! After all of that, we wake up and do it again each day!
No comments:
Post a Comment