Thursday, March 3, 2011

20 weeks...and One Boy, One Girl

I can't believe that I'm 20 weeks...it seems like it is FLYING! 20 weeks doesn't sound like nearly as long as 5 months!!! I am feeling great other than a little back pain and my doctor said that I more than likely pulled a muscle by turning a certain way! Other than that, no complaints and I feel very blessed for that! I had an appointment on Monday and he said that things look perfect and both babies heartbeats are great! If I haven't mentioned it before, I LOVE my doctor! He takes the time to sit down and genuinely talk to me about how I'm feeling and expectations...I NEVER feel like he's in a hurry and that is wonderful! According to my weekly email, the babies are now around 10 and a half inches long (the size of a banana). Here's the weekly picture...it's after a long day and a little crying (will explain later), so please excuse that....

Okay, now on to what made me cry! If you get tired of reading, feel free to stop here...but I am documenting for ourselves as well, and want to include this... 
Today when I got home from work, I got a package that my wonderful college friend, Janelle, had sent...it had a sweet card, an outfit for Bailey, an outfit for Griffin, and the typed lyrics to One Boy, One Girl by Collin Raye. I guess I have just always assumed that it was a love song, but when I read the whole song and then looked it up on You Tube, ohhh I started crying...I will type it the way that she had it...SO SWEET and I appreciate her thoughtfulness so much!

He finally gave in to his friend's girlfriend when she said
"There's someone you should meet."
At a crowded restaurant way 'cross town,
he waited impatiently.

She walked in, their eyes met, and they both stared.
And right there and then, everyone else disappeared,

But one boy, one girl,
two hearts beating wildly.
To put it mildly, it was love at first sight.
He smiled, she smiled, and they knew right away
that this was the day they'd waited for all their lives.
And for a moment the whole world
revolved around one boy and one girl.

In no time at all they were standing there, in the front of a little church, 
among their friends and familiy, repeating those sacred words.
Preacher said "Son kiss your bride" and he raised her veil.
And like the night they met, time just stood still.

For one boy, and one girl,
two hearts beating wildly.
To put it mildly, it was love at first sight.
He smiled, she smiled, and they knew right away
that this was the day they'd waited for all their lives.
For a moment the whole world 
revolved around one boy and one girl.

He was holding her hand when the doctor looked up and grinned
"Congratulations. Twins..."

One boy, one girl.
Two hearts beating wildly.
To put it mildly it was love at first sight.
He smiled, and she smiled,
and they knew right away 
that this was the day they'd waited for all their lives.
For a moment the whole world revolved around one boy and one girl.

Goodness gracious, when I got to that last part I just started crying because Jacob was holding my hand as the doctor told us our news of twins and that is a moment that I will never forget! 

Bailey and Griffin, it has already been love at first sight as we watch you on the ultrasound and watch your little hearts beat...if we feel this much love for you now, I can't imagine what that love will be like when you arrive! Also, from knowing your grandparents, the whole world WILL revolve around you when you make your appearance!

2 comments:

  1. Love the belly pic!! And I'm glad you got it, I definitely cried the entire time I was typing it and couldn't get it out of my head all day, thus cried off and on all day. =) So excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, I cried too! I'm so excited for y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete