Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Cleaning- Day 1

With Spring Break being this week, I knew that I needed to be VERY productive since this will be the last time I'm really "mobile" and do not have two babies to juggle....SO I decided that it was time for spring cleaning like I've never done before!

First of all, my parents came this weekend and my mom and I went shopping for bedding or fabric for the bedding. I found some fabric that I LOVE and I will have to give you a sneak peek of that on a later post! One of my friends and her mom are great seamstresses and they are going to make it for us...I got a sewing machine for Christmas, but needless to say, it's still in the box right now.

For those of you who don't know my mom, she is amazing at keeping her house clean at all times...when I was in high school, I did not appreciate this at all! haha. However, now I admire it! We woke up yesterday morning and got busy cleaning! When I say cleaning, I mean scrubbing every inch of the bathrooms, kitchens, baseboards, EVERYTHING! I cleaned every kitchen cabinet, inside and out, and made room in a drawer for bottles and other baby necessities! We cleaned for HOURS and it feels so good to have that done!

Today, I am going to clean out and organize our guest bedroom/nursery closets! I'm so excited to begin the preparations for Bailey and Griffin! We have decided to do one crib for now...some people have completely agreed with me and some think I'm crazy for that, but I've been told they sleep together a lot when they're born...and we will always have a pack and play for when one of them has a sleepless night! AND....we can always go buy another crib if needed!

Jacob felt the babies move for the first time last night! I've been feeling them for awhile and will tell him, but by the time he runs calmly walks over to feel them, they have stopped moving. However, last night, he felt them multiple times! The look on his face was so sweet when he felt them!

One more thing...yesterday, when my mom was helping me clean, it was also my parents 30th wedding anniversary!! I am so blessed to have parents who love each other so much and who love us so much! It's going to be a big year for our family!! :) I love you Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment