Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Frequently Asked Questions

Lately, I get a lot of the same questions, which is PERFECTLY fine with me because it is nice to know that so many people care! :) I figured I could answer the basic ones on here for those of you who I do not see often! For awhile now, I was constantly asked when Jacob and I would begin having children. Although a few close friends knew of our struggle with this, I chose to use "grad school" as an excuse. That seemed to satisfy everyone and they agreed that it was a good idea to finish that first! Luckily, I will graduate in May before having them at the end of June! Okay, now on to the current questions....

1. Are you sick?
I have been so grateful to answer a big NO to this one! When I found out I was having twins, I was told by multiple people that I would be double as sick. However, I have not been sick one day! There were times that I wondered if I really was pregnant because I haven't even felt sick (knock on wood). I am very, very thankful for this...although I was ready and prepared because my good friend, Janelle, mailed me some Preggie Pops (along with some other WONDERFUL "Mom-to-be" gifts).  

2. How are you feeling?
Most days,  my answer is that I am feeling great! I will be honest that in the first trimester, I thought that I would not make it through the day because I was so tired! I would come home from work and take a long nap, then go to sleep at 8:00 (literally). I think Jacob was a little worried that this would be the rest of our lives, but I've managed to be better about this lately. :) Also at the beginning of my pregnancy, I was VERY emotional for a few days. I vividly remember one day that I got to work and the emotions just hit me hard, so I went into my office, shut my blinds, locked my door, and cried for a good 10 minutes. After that, I was good to go! The other day that I remember the most for being emotional was when Jacob walked in our house from work and I was sitting on the couch SOBBING! Haha...I laugh now thinking about the look on his face when he saw me. He was very sweet and caring as he asked me what was wrong....and to that answer, he got a hysterical "I don't know!" I'm pretty sure it took a lot out of him not to laugh at that moment and I can't say that I blame him. Now that the second trimester is in full swing, I feel great! When I stand up too quickly, I get a little dizzy.....I can control that though and I would much rather have that side effect than sickness!

3. Why are you not showing?? (Until this week)
I have been able to conceal my bump pretty well until this week! Do not get me wrong, I do not want to hide it at all....it's just at that little awkward phase where people are not quite sure what to say! This week though, I was told that I for sure have a bump...which I'm excited about...even though I was told this week that I'm getting "bumpy"! I have started wearing maternity jeans, but that's all so far! Jacob is very jealous of my maternity jeans and thinks that he should get a pair too...haha. For all of you who feel I'm not as big as I should be...you just wait! :)

4. Do you think it's a boy/girl mix? 2 girls? 2 boys?
I honestly have no idea what I think. I have had mixed feelings and it really does change every week! My college roommate, Meghon, had a dream the week before I found out that I was pregnant that I was going to  have twins! She was right about that part, but we'll see if she was right about her dream of their gender (2 boys). I think Jacob is very concerned about the possibility of two girls, which I think is pretty funny to think about! There are many people placing bets and they have been all over the place, so I am very excited to know!

5. Do you have any cravings?
The first trimester, I really did not have much of an appetite and when I did eat, it was never heavy foods. The one thing that I could not handle seeing, smelling, eating, etc. was any form of beef! That has passed now and my appetite is back! I have learned that I have to eat every 2-3 hours, but I eat smaller meals when I do eat! Jacob thought it was funny when I leaned over during church and asked him if anyone would care if I took the whole communion cracker because I was STARVING! He gave me a look and said "don't you dare!" I may have to start keeping snacks in my purse! haha


If I think of anymore questions, I will have a second post! These are the major ones that I get asked daily...but once again, it NEVER bothers me to talk about my sweet babies, so feel free to ask anytime!

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! Look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo glad you have a blog so that I can keep up with you guys! Long overdue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay you seriously have to post DAILY!! I love reading! YAY you have a bump! Oh and I'm thinking.....boy/girl.

    ReplyDelete