Monday, January 24, 2011

Appointments Until Now

I feel like I need to catch up on my appointments up until this point! It is AMAZING to see our babies grow and it is really hard to believe that they grow as fast as they do! One of the benefits of being pregnant with twins is that I have gotten an ultrasound at each appointment. I told my doctor that I had some very jealous friends who only got to see their baby a couple of times the whole pregnancy...his response was "tell them to work a little harder to have twins, then they can see theirs too!" By the way, I have a wonderful doctor! He is very caring and supportive and is very excited for us! My friend, Pam, is a nurse in the Labor/Delivery unit where I will have the little ones and she and my doctor get a good laugh every time that they see each other about us having twins! I am going to go ahead and say how thankful I am to have a friend like Pam that I know is going to take care of me and our babies...she has been with us through this whole journey and she is wonderful! Okay, now on to our appointments...

6 weeks and our surprise is revealed

Baby A- measuring 10.8mm


Baby B- measuring 10.1mm (we are able to get better views of Baby A because of their positioning)


At the beginning of our pregnancy, we have been going every 3 weeks (which I LOVE). My second appointment was at 9 weeks. Jacob had an appointment for work that day and my Mom and sister were in town, so they got to go with me to this one. For this appointment, my shock had worn off quite a bit, but I was very nervous and wanted to make sure that they both were still doing good. This is one of my favorite pictures because they are starting to look like little babies and it is probably the last time we will have a group picture of them until they're born because they will be too big to fit in one screen.

Group shot at 9 weeks- It's amazing because I can see little arms and legs!


Baby A- measuring 26.7mm (no wonder I'm so tired, they almost tripled in size in 3 weeks)


Baby B- measuring 25.9mm- love that he/she looks like a little person curled up!


My next appointment had to be postponed a week because of snow! Jacob and I were shocked and amazed at how much they had grown. Jacob's eyes were glued to the screen and he couldn't believe how much they were moving and how I couldn't feel it at all.

Baby A- measuring 72.8mm


Baby B- measuring 69.8mm


I am very excited to keep seeing our babies grow!


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe they're already taking up two screens!!! I'm anxious to see the next appointment!!

    ReplyDelete