Saturday, January 22, 2011
Big Surprise!!
On the morning of December 3, Jacob and I went to our first doctors appointment. At 6 weeks pregnant, I was EXTREMELY nervous and felt like it still wasn't real. After about 30 minutes of waiting, they took us back and did an ultrasound. I will never forget Dr. Mark's words as he began the ultrasound. As I watched on a smaller screen, I saw a "baby" with a little heartbeat. I can not even begin to explain the feeling that came over me. After looking for about 10 seconds, he said he was going to come right back to that. His next words I will never forget! He said "there's one sac, and there's the other sac." At first I thought he was joking, but when he began to label them Baby A and Baby B, I knew that he was not joking! I started laughing and put my hand over my face, then looked at Jacob to see what his reaction was. I asked him if he was going to pass out on me, and he assured me that he wasn't going to and he reached over and held my hand! It was such a sweet moment as we saw our babies for the first time! As we walked out of the room after it was over, all of the nurses began congratulating us and told us that we were there only set of twins right now, so they are so excited about it! Leaving the doctors office, I just couldn't stop laughing and saying that I could not believe this was really happening! When we got in the car, the tears began flowing as we both were so excited and knew that we were so blessed to be getting two babies at one time! :)
After calming ourselves down, I knew that we needed to call all of our family! They were all anxiously waiting the appointment and couldn't wait to hear how it went! We called my Dad first and he was shocked and SO excited when we told him! I have the sweetest Dad and he is going to be such an amazing grandfather...I loved sharing the news with him! After that, we called Jacob's mom (Ruth) and she had REALLY been waiting on this call. Jacob told her that it was a good thing we had two good grandmothers because we are going to need them for our two babies!! The tears began flowing again! haha...we have an emotional family if you can't tell! We had to get Jacob's Dad out of a meeting, so he called us and Jacob talked to him and told him the news and I will never forget the tears rolling down his face as he talked to his Dad about our two sweet babies that we were expecting! Jacob is not typically an emotional person, so this has been an adjustment for him! :) My mom is a kindergarten teacher, so I was waiting for her to call me on her lunch break. I had tried to think of all kinds of clever ways to tell her the news, but as soon as she said hi, I just said "Mom, there's two!!!" My mom is normally a pretty calm person, but after a few moments of silence, she began SCREAMING! I still laugh thinking about it! I asked her where she was and she said in the teachers lounge, so there is no telling what the other teachers thought was going on! After being vocal about our big news, she was afraid that my sister, Hannah, was going to find out from someone else (news travels fast in El Dorado)! She ran during her lunch break to my sisters school and got her out of class, which scared her to death when her Mom showed up in the middle of the day in the counselors office! She had Hannah call me and very nervously, she began to talk...I told her that she was going to be an aunt to twins and she was in shock as she said "SHUTUP" over and over and over again! After the whole counseling center heard her yelling this, my mom had to explain to them what was happening. Our other siblings, my brother Hayden, and Jacob's sisters, Jessie and Jenna, called when they were out of class and we told them the news! I will never forget the memories we have of telling our family, friends, and coworkers! The look on their faces were priceless and I wish I could have a picture of all of the reactions! It was a day we will never forget!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I seriously cannot stop crying!
ReplyDeleteMelanie! I'm so glad I found your blog. :) Such sweet stories so far about your little twins. I'm so excited for you. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to hear more. :)
ReplyDeleteHow amazing!!!! So happy for y'all!!!
ReplyDelete