Monday, June 10, 2013

Changing the blog name???

Well, the big news in the our household is that we are expecting a sweet new member to our family! It is a huge shock, but reality is setting in, and we are getting more used to our new reality! :) Jacob and I have known that we were expecting for about six weeks. While it was hard to keep the secret, it gave us times to get over our big surprise!

Our sweet baby at 9 weeks and 1 day....I love that you can see his or her little hands and feet already...yes, that's a whole body, not two babies! haha

I will say that when I first found out, I was an emotional wreck! I'm quite a planner, and this wasn't part of my plan yet! However, I have to say that I am so thankful to have Jacob as my husband because he has kept me sane! For anyone who knows Jacob, you know that he is the most practical person ever when it comes to decisions we make in our life. I thought he would be so upset because it wasn't our "plan", however, after he stopped laughing (never saw that one coming), he began to reassure me. He told me that God obviously thought we were ready for another baby because he wouldn't have given this opportunity to us if we couldn't handle it. I still laugh thinking that we tried over a year and a a half for Bailey and Griffin, now we get this huge surprise! 

I thought that I could answer some of my frequently asked questions that I am getting these days:

"Are you serious????" Answer: Yes.

"Are you sure it's just one?" Answer: Yes, that's all that I remember from my dr's appointment. My doctor asked me why I was shaking and I told him that I was just nervous it was going to be multiples. He got a kick out of that!

"Were you trying?" Answer: No, but apparently God thought it was the right time for us...I feel like every time we try to plan something, God just laughs and shows us what His plan for us is!

"How are you feeling?" Answer: Great! I haven't been sick at all, just tired and sometimes emotional! When we found out, Jacob said that explained why I had been going to bed at 8:30 or 9:00 every night!

"Do you realize you're going to have three children under three?" Answer: Yes I do...while it will be a challenge for a short period of life, I know that they will have awesome relationships by being so close in age!

"Can you fit three carseats in your car?" Answer: Nope....not in either one....we are officially in car shopping mode!

"What do Bailey and Griffin think?" Answer: They don't have a clue! However, I was amazed when I showed them the ultrasound and asked them if they knew what it was....Bailey said "Yes, a baby"! Shock...I have no idea how she knows what it is!

"You're going to need help!" Answer: Yes, I will....but luckily, we have an amazing family who helps us when we need them, as well as an amazing support system here that loves our children!

"Do you think 'just one' will be easy?" Answer: I don't know, haha, I have never done it....it will for sure be different!

These are all that I can think of for now! We are now 10 weeks along, and I am excited to be nearing the end of the first trimester! I am so grateful for all of the words of excitement, support, encouragement, and love from all of our friends and family! Those words mean so much to us! I am also SO thankful to have Jacob...there isn't anyone else that I would rather have with me on this crazy journey of our life! 

Guess I'm going to need to change the blog name to Fox Family of Five!!!


1 comment:

  1. AHHHH! I'm so excited for you guys. What a great adventure, you're definitely the two that can handle it.

    Calling it now, I think it's a little boy Fox :)

    I'll be in Little Rock July 4th weekend, so if y'all are around, I definitely want to make a visit (before the house gets even more full, ha!) :)

    ReplyDelete