Friday, June 29, 2012

A Whole Year Old!

I have such bittersweet feelings as I write this post...I'm so excited that we have reached this milestone, but so sad that my babies aren't babies anymore!!!! They are growing so fast and into everything! We don't have our one year checkup for another week, so I'll just post without their official weights! :)


Griffin Bradley has for sure taken to the name of the "big brother" (even if it's only by 10 minutes)...he is wearing 18 month clothes and is currently working his way into a size 5 shoe! He is tall and slim! Griffin is one of the most active children that I've ever seen and constantly keeps us on our toes! He is trying so hard to walk, but hasn't quite gotten it yet! There is constant standing up, taking one step, and then falling down...he is SO close! Griffin has a mouth full of teeth and uses them to eat anything and everything that he puts in his mouth. His favorites right now are bananas, sweet potatoes, yogurt, and mac and cheese. He has such a unique personality where he is so strong, but so sweet and gentle at the same time. The word "Mama" is constantly heard around our house and he is even more of a Mommy's boy than ever...and don't tell Daddy, but I really do love it! Jacob will be playing with him and as soon as I walk by, he makes a direct line for me. Jacob tries to cut him off, but he won't have that and finds  a way to make it to me...makes my heart melt!









Bailey Jane just makes us laugh all of the time. Don't let that sweet smile fool you...she has quite the little temper and we have to turn our heads so that she doesn't see us laugh. "No" has become a frequent word with Bailey and we have to watch her or she will pounce on Griffin. It doesn't phase her that she's quite a bit smaller than he is. Compared to Griffin wearing a size 5 shoe, Bailey wears a small, little size 2 shoe! She is also about 2 inches shorter than he is! She now has quite the mouthful of teeth, but has become our picky eater. Right now, about the only thing we can get her to eat is yogurt, applesauce, and mac and cheese. I sure do hope we grow out of this soon. Bailey has now had 7 ear infections in her first year of life, and we are scheduled to get tubes next Friday. I sure do hope that makes her feel better. Everyone says that she will be a totally different child, which is great, but she really is one of the easiest little girls! She can be a Mommy's little girl, but she and her Daddy have such a sweet little relationship. Her Daddy is also going to have a long road ahead of him...she has become a little flirt and it is SO funny. She will look at boys (our friends), and grin, then bury her head in my chest. It is the sweetest and funniest thing! 







As far as sleeping goes, we are FINALLY consistently sleeping through the night. Lately, they have actually been sleeping until around 8:00 or 8:30, which is FANTASTIC. One morning last week, they both slept until 9:30 and I didn't know what had happened. I love it!

Looking back on the past year, I am amazed at what a journey it has been and at how fast it has gone. I always knew that I would love my children, but the love that I have for them is more than I can put into words. Although it is the most challenging thing I've ever experienced, every bit of it is worth it and I wouldn't trade this life for anything! I prayed so long for God to bless us with a baby, and to be given my precious family just makes me feel so blessed. As I watch them sleep, as I hear their giggles, and even as they are blowing strawberries with food in their mouth, I find myself tearing up just feeling so grateful for these gifts we have been given. Jacob sent me a text the other day that said "I love our family and where we are in life right now." That said it perfectly to me...even though we have our days where I want to pull my hair out and we never even get out of our pajamas, this is the most rewarding thing I have ever done or been given.



Bailey Jane and Griffin Bradley, I love you more than words can describe!

No comments:

Post a Comment